House of Tanisius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of Tanisius

A roleplaying guild for Age of Conan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Humble application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arrian

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Character Name: Arrian
Character Race: Aquilonian
Character Age: 35
Character Class: Guardian
Character Profession skills: Armoursmith/jemcutter

IC-Reason to join the House of Tanisius:
His years of slavery have made Arrian a silent and bitter man. News he gathered showed that powers in Tarantia had shifted again and it would now be safe to return. He heard nothing of any survivors of his family. He also heard that Commander Maximilian had died in his quarters possibly a very short time after Arrian fled the outpost. The word “poison” was often tossed around as the cause of death. All this leaves Arrian a free man with nothing to return to. After wandering aimlessly for a while he longed to dedicate himself to a cause, finding life as a heartless mercenary disagreeable to his moral essence. A true soldier at heart and mind, Arrian seeks to give his loyalty to the respectable House of Tanisius.

What can I offer to the House of Tanisius (Both IC and OOC):
*kneels* I am here, Milady, to offer myself as a soldier of your noble house. I will gladly swear loyalty to you and fealty to your cause, should you grace me with your acceptance. In return for my humble service, I ask for nothing. So, there it is, I respectfully await your ladyship’s will.

I can offer reliable and loyal membership if it works out for both sides. I am mature enough and helpful, I can assist with tasks and events and am willing to invest time and resources for the good of the guild. In a guild I look for the appropriate atmosphere as well as active and strong leadership. So far I have a good feeling about this guild. Things you should know: my knowledge of Conan lore is very deficient, but I will learn along the way; I cant devote massive amounts of time to gaming due to work and other irl engagements, there will be days when I cant make it online.

Background story (Brief):
Arrian comes from a minor noble family of Tarantia. Five years ago his family lost favour and was wiped out during a feud for power amongst the noble families of the city. Arrian himself has always stayed away from the political bickering of the nobility and pursued a military career and soon gained the benevolence of his commander for being able and loyal. As a result, his life was spared when the rest of his family was assassinated or put to the chase, for when a dispatch for his arrest and execution arrived at his outpost, his commander, being an elderly widower without heirs had already developed a fatherly love for Arrian. That night, Commander Maximilian, with full understanding of the gravity of his actions, burned the dispatch and had his personal guards assassinate the messenger and dispose of his body in the river. He then entered Arrian's quarters and woke him quickly explaining the situation. Embracing each other like father and son, Maximilian urged Arrian to flee for his life. The gate was opened and Arrian found himself alone and confused in the wilderness with no idea where to go. Barely a year had passed since his fugitive existence began when he was caught by slave hunters and shackled to a galley oar. After nearly four years of being a galley slave, his hardship came to an abrupt when a raging storm shattered the galley and washed him ashore.

/will be subject to amendment and updating/

Former experiences of MMO:s and roleplaying:
UO post Trammel – about a year; GW – a few months; L2 – a few months; LotRO – a couple of months; PotBS - a couple of months; WoW – nearly three years.

I spent my time in LotRO and WoW on RP servers. Most of my time in WoW I have been an officer in a few guilds, I have filled in for guildmasters of a couple of guilds during their absence for nearly a year total, sometimes with more and sometimes with less success. Times have been good and times have been bad.

Real life name (Optional): Chris
Real life age: 31 (Why do I have the feeling Im the oldest fart around here?)
Timezone: GMT+2

Last edited by Arrian on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:19 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Annastasyia

Annastasyia

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:47 pm

Looks good, you're accepted without hesitation.

Please feel free to read up on the forums and talk with us on the IRC.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Arrian

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Many thanks! *bows*
Back to top Go down
Arrian

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:37 pm

I recently changed my forum and intended ingame name from Leggeron to Valerius. I hope it brings no confusion.
Back to top Go down
Annastasyia

Annastasyia

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Got it!
Back to top Go down
Arrian

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:33 am

Name changed again, due to being unavailable...
My appologies again
Back to top Go down
Annastasyia

Annastasyia

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:36 am

No problemo!
Back to top Go down
Arrian

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:14 am

...right...this name is final.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Humble application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humble application   Humble application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Humble application
Page 1 of 1