Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clawbrea

PostSubject: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Character Name: Clawbreaker Mggraw of the Clan Mggraw
Character Race: Cimmerian
Character Age: 28
Character Class: Bear Shaman
Character Profession skills: Gemcutter (subject to change)

IC-Reason to join the House of Tanisius:
After the breaking of the Clan Mggraw, Clawbreaker has been looking for allies. Allies that will one day aid him in taking back his homeland. After hearing about the House of Tanisius he has decided to seek them out and offer them his services in the hope that they will one day reward his loyalty.

What can I offer to the House of Tanisius (Both IC and OOC):
IC - A fiercely loyal and ferocious Cimmerian who will fight to the death alongside his chosen allies. Wise and gifted beyond his brothers he also harnesses the power of the bear to both heal his allies and defeat his foes. While most of his kin are depressed and pessemistic Clawbreaker can see that the world is not such a bad place. Through the eyes of his bear spirit he can usually see the bright side of the darkest situation.

OOC - A casual player with a relaxed attitude who loves to roleplay. I love coming up with plotlines and writing stories whether they be epic or trivial. I'm not a hardcore player who plays 12 hours per day, I much prefer quality over quantity so 1-3 hours a few times a week and bit more at the weekends is more like my playtime.

Background story (Brief):
Clawbreaker was born the son of a chief, the chief of the Clan Mggraw. On the night of his birth there was a large party to celebrate the heir of the clan. The infant was left alone, sleeping safely in his tent. In the early hours when the celebrations were winding down one of the revellers sounded the alarm, seeing a bear entering the tent of the new born child. The clan members quickly rallied together, and charged into the tent to save the baby. To their surprise they found no sign of the bear, just the child, awake and smiling with the bloody claw of a black bear held in his tiny fist. And so he was named, Clawbreaker.

Two years later the village elder is quoted as saying "It is no accident that the great black bear visited that night, it is becoming clear that Clawbreaker has the vision. His claw was a gift from the great black bear and while he may have torn it from his own paw, his name will remain. I forsee that Clawbreaker will one day be a great shaman"

Clawbreaker grew up in the harsh land honing his combat skills against the many enemies of the surrounding regions, not least of which was the neighbouring clans. For the most part there were just small skirmishes over boundries, hunting rights and the like but things escelated when word spread of a secret Mggraw gem mine. Indeed the gem mine existed, infact many of the Clan Mggraw were by this time quite skilled at producing these gems. Sadly, so blinded were they by their precious stones that they didn't see the three surrounding clans allying against them.

While the enemy clans were smaller, collectively they out numbered the Clan Mggraw and two months of great bloodshed followed. Many died and on the 42nd day of the attacks, the chief joined the dead. Clawbreaker took charge of the now decimated clan and upon consulting with his bear spirit guide, came up with a plan for survival.

The remaining members of the clan, numbering only 37, would spread out accross the lands and secure any allies they could. In time the three clans would tear eachother apart fighting over the mine and this is when the Clan Mggraw is to strike back and reclaim what is rightfully theirs. The date set for this fresh offensive is preciseley three years from the breaking of the clan.

Clawbreaker has found his way to the House of Tanisius and hopes that in time, with loyal service, they may one day help him in reclaiming his homeland.

Former experiences of MMO:s and roleplaying:
I've been playing mmorpg's for about 6 years now. Previously I have played Runescape (we all have to start somewhere), UO, SWG, and currently playing WoW on Sporeggar. I rp'd in SWG and play on a rp server with WoW. I love my roleplaying and I couldn't imagine playing AoC without it.

Real life name (Optional): Dale
Real life age: 28
Timezone: GMT
Back to top Go down
Auros

PostSubject: Re: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Greetings fellow Sporeggling ! ^^. former player there myself along with quite a few from the guild :>.

Anyhow, looks like a solid application and i'm quite curious as to how the claw ended up in the baby's hand, a following story in the future may'aps ? ^^.

The only tricky part i can see is probably the choice of class but i'm certain it can be worked through if you would be accepted.

Best of luck !, Anna and Althea will most certainly answer you as soon as possible ^^.

Regards, Auros.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravanysia

PostSubject: Re: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Oh, a fellow player from sporeggar?
You seem very qualified and the only problem I can see would be your choice of class.

Annastasyia

PostSubject: Re: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:00 pm

A few instant thoughts strike me.

1: Good application.
2: Well thought story.
3: Bear shaman... Maybe he can take a role as a scout or something like that?

Nethlek

PostSubject: Re: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:43 pm

In my opinion a good and solid application

and as we all know, where there is a will there is a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clawbrea

PostSubject: Re: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Personally I don't see that choice of class to be a big problem. Clawbreaker aknowleges the existance of Crom, Mitra and Set but chooses to worship none with any particular conviction. In his experience the bear spirit has served him better. He also realises that the gods can bestow great powers to their followers and are always to be respected... but not feared.

If Clawbreaker had to choose a "favourite" god then it would definatley be Mitra. The most famous of all Cimmerians, Conan said about the Cimmerians "Their gods are Crom and his dark race, who rule over a sunless place of everlasting mist, which is the world of the dead. Mitra! The ways of the Æsir were more to my liking."

Annastasyla - The role of a scout would suit me very well. All Cimmerians are well suited to the outdoors, survival in the harsh wilderness is second nature to us. OOCly, I also played a Ranger in SWG and Hunter since day 1 of WoW, it's a play style I enjoy. The only reason I didn't pick a ranger is because I wanted a healer class Smile
Back to top Go down
Althea

PostSubject: Re: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Looks good. Im sure we can fit your story together with the guild in some way.

View user profile
Annastasyia

PostSubject: Re: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Very well.

Register and read around!

Consider yourself a member of the house of Tanisius!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying   

Back to top Go down

Cimmerian Bear Shaman applying
Page 1 of 1