House of Tanisius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of Tanisius

A roleplaying guild for Age of Conan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Galrach - Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Galrach

Galrach

Galrach - Application Empty
PostSubject: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:56 am

Disclaimer: I feel I need to play the game to know what class/profession to fit my background, so there may be some parts of this that is incomplete or subject to change. I will try to update it with the correct information as soon as I am able.

Character Name: Galrach
Character Race: Cimmerian
Character Age: Mid twenties
Character Class: Barbarian (most likely)
Character Profession skills: No idea yet. Don't know a lot about crafting. Is hunter a profession?

IC-Reason to join the House of Tanisius:
Having lived his life without belonging to a community he could be a real part of, Galrach is looking for a guild where he can make a difference and get the respect he deserves, both as a warrior and a member. He hopes the guild will grow to become a powerful ally of the King, and help secure Aquilonia as the most powerful nation in Hyboria.

What can I offer to the House of Tanisius (Both IC and OOC):
While he is more warrior than soldier, Galrach can offer his axe and bow to any skirmish and paint the battlefield with the blood of his enemies. He has also learned quite a bit about tactical warfare in his travelling years, and will offer his advice when asked.
I am a role player at heart, and I'm looking forward to helping the other members with in any way I can. To me having fun is more important than to level quickly and get the best equipment first. My idea of fun is cooperative play (either PvP or PvE) while staying in character and overcoming challenges together as a group. I hope we can accomplish great things together!

Background story (somewhat subject to change as I get to know more about the game):
The story of Galrach is a story about travelling. Born at the very northern border of Cimmeria, Galrach suspected he was of mixed heritage. His mother never spoke of a father, so he couldn't know for sure, but her silence only reinforced his suspicions. He became a man before his sixteenth winter when he killed his first man in a clan feud, and had a fairly common upbringing with plenty of hunting and fighting.

But he never found his place in his mother's clan. Since he could not name a sire, he wasn't able to rise to a position of power in the clan no matter his prowess. Perhaps his mother knew he was destined to be more than just a simple hunter, though, because she had been singing songs to him about the lands to the south since he was an infant.

His restless heart lead him on many adventures all over Cimmeria. He mostly travelled alone to begin with, but joined a band of swords for hire eventually. After having travelled with the sellswords for a few years, he eventually left Cimmeria when he heard a new king had taken the throne in Aquilonia. Some claimed this king was a barbarian from the north, and Galrach finally knew where his path was leading him. This was a strong kingdom united under one strong leader, not loosely knit together by unstable clan alliances, and only here could he reach his full potential.

Now, to find a guild worthy of his loyalty...

Former experiences of MMOs and roleplaying:
Guild Wars, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online... as far as MMOs go beyond a simple trial.

I have been roleplaying in everything from pen and paper, to MUDs (text based online) as well as games like Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. In fact Neverwinter Nights is without a doubt the game I have been playing the most. Most of this time was spent on a hardcore role-playing server with FFA PVP, full loot, harsh death penalty, player controlled factions (from noble houses to guards/police), and active DMs. But I don't have to be involved in intricate role-play to have fun. Normal adventurers that chat in-character during their travels can lead to the most fun moments in my experience.

Handle: Aurvan
Real life age: 28
Back to top Go down
Annastasyia

Annastasyia

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:17 am

Looks great, for now you're in a reserve spot though.

Since our guild is based around Aquilonians we want to keep the numbers of Cimmerians and stygians down.
Once a few more Aquilonians have joined the guild then you'll defenitely be with us (Unless you decide to be an aquilonian of course *grins).

Feel free to register on the forum and take a peek into our IRC.
Back to top Go down
Talyne
Talyne

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:33 am

Wow, I really hope we can get him into this guild. I would personally love to make the acception to those that stick to NWN, despite the temptations of other MMORPG's *Goes on a mass "Aquilonian" recruitment spree*.
Back to top Go down
Galrach

Galrach

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:59 pm

Talyne wrote:
Wow, I really hope we can get him into this guild. I would personally love to make the acception to those that stick to NWN, despite the temptations of other MMORPG's *Goes on a mass "Aquilonian" recruitment spree*.

Thanks for the vote of confidence cheers

I take you have played a bit of NWN online as well, then?
Back to top Go down
Talyne
Talyne

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 5:44 pm

I did way way way back before even WoW came out. Now and then I did reload NWN and play on some random server but it all involved downloading so many .haks so I stopped bothering.

NWN 2 wasn't so bad either. It is nice to have a computer that can barely manage it.
Back to top Go down
Galrach

Galrach

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:27 am

Talyne wrote:
I did way way way back before even WoW came out. Now and then I did reload NWN and play on some random server but it all involved downloading so many .haks so I stopped bothering.

NWN 2 wasn't so bad either. It is nice to have a computer that can barely manage it.

I tried taking up NWN2 online as well. But it was too clunky to get it working, and it wasn't nearly as streamlined for online play as NWN1 (not to mention how badly optimised it was). I mostly avoide hak-paks for NWN1 as well. Just fluff anyway. But I'm a bigger Conan fan than D&D fan, so I'm not complaining that I'll be playing AoC instead of NWN2 in the near future...

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Talyne
Talyne

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:16 pm

I don't blame you Razz
Back to top Go down
Annastasyia

Annastasyia

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Ratio is filled.

Welcome aboard, you are no longer a reserve!
Back to top Go down
Galrach

Galrach

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:07 am

Annastasyia wrote:
Ratio is filled.

Welcome aboard, you are no longer a reserve!

Huzzah!

With my new position as Centurion, I figured a new outfit would be appropriate!

Galrach - Application 448px-Centurion_2_Boulogne_Luc_Viatour
Back to top Go down
Talyne
Talyne

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:55 pm

Hah! Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galrach - Application   Galrach - Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galrach - Application
Page 1 of 1